- Based in Los Angeles, CA
- Freelance Videographer & Photographer
- 2016 Emmy winner (for Outstanding Trans-Media Sports Coverage with NBCOlympics.com)
- 12 years of editing experience
- Over 2 million views on YouTube
- Cinematic, story-driven documentary style
- Specializes in content creation for Instagram
- Passionate about sharing the inspirational stories of athletes
- Languages: English, French, Norwegian, Dutch
- UCLA Gymnastics
- NBC Olympics
- Anaheim Ducks
- Pac-12 Networks
- UCLA Athletics
- Grander Sports
- Canada Soccer
- Dragone (Belgium)
- MTG Sport/Viasat Hockey (Sweden)
- Lagardère Sports and Entertainment (Sweden)
- Inside Gymnastics Magazine
- Inside Dance Magazine
- GymFocus Media Services
THE LONG VERSION
Deanna Hong is a Los Angeles-based freelance videographer and photographer with over 12 years of editing experience. After graduating from UCLA in 2014, she began her role as UCLA Gymnastics' Team Videographer. Since then, she has made a name for herself as an up-and-coming producer of gymnastics video content by offering a cinematic, story-driven look at the action-packed sport.
Her growing reputation has allowed her to work at the biggest gymnastics events and with the best gymnasts in the world (2015 World Championships in Glasgow, "Kyla Ross: Four Years Later," "Jordyn Wieber: Four Years Later"). In 2016 she received an Emmy as part of the NBC Olympics team that produced the digital gymnastics recap show, the "Daily Dismount," during the Rio Olympics.
With her distinctive style, she has established a strong presence amongst gymnastics fans online and on social media. Her YouTube channel has amassed over 2 million views. And thanks to her background in beatboxing, she has cultivated a distinctive, musically-driven Instagram aesthetic, used to bolster her own social media presence (@deannahong) as well as those of clients such as @uclagymnastics and @insidegym.
Deanna is passionate about sharing the inspirational stories of athletes through the video medium, and is especially interested in showcasing female athletes as role models, having grown up idolizing the Norwegian Women’s Handball team.